The eventful history of the Pension Zipser 1904-1967

The house, in which the Hotel Zipser is found today, was built in 1904.

From 1905 Ms. Karoline Zipser used it as a home for young girls, it was soon converted into the Zipser guest-house with 11 single and 2 double rooms. Between 1920 and 1931 the famous Austrian writer, Ödön von Horváth, lodged a few times in the Zipser guest-house, which is even mentioned by name in his book “Geschichten aus dem Wiener Wald”.

Change of ownership in 1967

In 1967 Hedwig Austerer purchased the Zipser guest-house and began to expand in loving detail from 28 to 53 fully equipped rooms.

After his studies in 1972, Manfred Austerer took over his father’s business and saw it as his duty, together with his wife Elisabeth to offer his guests the best comfort possible in the Viennese guest-house through regular building alterations as well as renovations of the rooms.

After completing the hotel management school and some years practising abroad, the youngest son of the household, Bernhard Austerer, stepped into the family business in 1999. Through the successive transfer of the business to his son, Manfred Austerer could dedicate more and more time to the matters of tourism in the chamber of commerce. He was given the title of “Kommerzialrat” for this service and awarded with the golden order of merit of the city of Vienna.

Hotel Vienna – The Hotel Zipser from 2002 until today

Due to the constant modernisation and expansion, the guest-house was changed into a hotel in 2002. The third generation run family hotel – the fourth generation is in “baby shoes” – is also placing in the future the most importance on personal care, on a family atmosphere and the famous Viennese hospitality.