As a mirror image of the Museum of Natural History, the Museum of Art History, together with the statue of Maria Theresa, make up an impressive ensemble on the border of the central city, right on the Vienna Ringstraße and as part of the city expansions and construction of the commissioned Vienna Ringstraße.
After our first article about the Augarten, in which we wrote about the porcelain factory and the baroque garden, we now look at the modern world of the Augarten. It has not only been a place of amusement for the people of Vienna for the last few centuries, but today it is a centre of art... more
The oldest maintained baroque garden in Vienna at 52,000 sqm was built in the mid-17th century as an imperial recreational garden. The “Alta Favorita” garden palace was destroyed in the second Turkish siege and Augarten Palace was rebuilt in 1705. Today, the palace houses the exhibition and sales rooms of the Augarten Porcelain Factory and... more