Vienna’s Easter markets are worth a visit every year. Enjoy spring in Vienna with culinary delights, a colorful music program and stroll between large and small hand crafts. Buy hand-painted Easter decorations and wooden souvenirs for your loved ones at home. Snife on fragrant flowers and listen to the music in the markets, that has something to offer for all kind of tastes.
Easter Market Schönbrunn Palace
unfortunately will not take place this year!
Already in 2014, the traditional Viennese lenten market on the Kalvarienberg was replaced by the Kalvarienberg Festival. This Market is especially about the artistic and cultural aspect of the Easter festival, where, besides all kinds of readings, live music and children’s programs, workshops are also offered.
- Where: 17. district, Kalvarienberg
- When: March 26th – April 13rd 2020, Monday – Friday from 10:00am – 06:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 09:00am – 06:00pm
- Information: Kalvarienberg Market
Artcraft Market ‚Am Hof‘
Artfully decorated easter eggs, lovingly created flower arrangements as well as many new stalls with arts & crafts as well as Easter Decor bordered by the newly restored historic buildings from different period characterize the market “Am Hof”.
- Where: 1. dictrict, Am Hof
- When: March 27th – April 13th 2020, Monday – Thursday 11:00am – 08:00pm, Friday – Sunday 10:00am – 08:00pm
- Information: Artcraft Market ‚Am Hof‘
Old Viennese Easter Market
On the Viennese Freyung, one of the most beautiful old squares in the city center you will find the Old Viennese Easter market. Here you will find around 40,000 painted Easter eggs, largest selection of eggs within Europe. Easter specialties from baked Easter lamb to delicious farmer´s pastries specialties lure visitors with their delicious scents from far away. Children are offered an Easter craft workshop, puppet play and a rabbit hutch.
- Where: 1. district, Freyung
- When: March 27th – April 13th 2020, daily 10:00am – 07:30pm
- Information: Old Viennese Easter Market
Easter Artcraft Market ‚Schloss Neugebäude‘
Also this year, the Easter market at Schloss Neugebäude invitets you to stroll around the stalls and discover lovely little things for Easter. Inside the castle, hobbyists offer lovingly painted Easter eggs, small Easter decorations as well as knitted and crocheted cuddly toys for sale. In the courtyard various restaurateurs and live music provides successful entertainment. Palm consecration on March 25th at 01:30pm
- Where: 11. district, Schloss Neugebäude
- When: April 02nd – April 05th 2020, 02:00pm – 08:00pm, March 25th 10:00am – 07:00pm
- Information: Easter Artcraft Market “Schloss Neugebäude”
Picture: © WienTourismus – Christian Stemper