With its varied program, the Danube Island Festival once again invites you to the large area between the North Bridge and the Reichsbrücke this year. From June 24th to 26th, 2022, Europe’s largest open-air festival will once again delight visitors with a colorful mix of all genres.
14 themed islands, 11 stages and 4 areas
In addition to many Austrian artists such as Peter Cornelius, Ernst Molden, Ursula Strauss or Marina & the Kats, international stars such as Jan Delay, Johnny Logan or James Cottriall will also be appearing on one of the numerous festival stages this year. As always, families with children will also enjoy the varied program on the Sport Island or the Action and Fun Island at the Danube Island Festival. An essential point in which the Danube Island Festival differs from the numerous other music festivals. The numerous gastronomy stands and two gastro zones, called “island gardens”, also ensure physical well-being. The complete 3-day program can be found here!
As parking spaces are limited, it is advisable to travel by public transport:
- Train (Handelskai station S1, S2, S3, S4, S7, S80)
- Subway (Donauinsel U1 station or Handelskai U6 station)
- Bus (stop at Handelskai 11A or Kagraner Platz 22A, 24A, 31A)
- Tram (station Floridsdorfer Brücke line 31 or Friedrich Engels Platz line 33)
Admission to the Danube Island Festival is free!
- When: June 24th to 26th, 2022
- Where: Area between Danube Island, Nord- and Reichsbrücke.
- Information: Donauinselfest
Picture: Donauinselfest © Manuel Domnanovich